Dr. Marc HerzPartner
Where do I come from?
From Munich to Bath in England, via Vienna to Berlin. That's the short version. To be more precise, I studied business administration at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, followed by market research and consulting in England, then a PhD in management at the University of Vienna, and now a partner at K'UP. As soon as I arrived in Vienna, I fell in love with research and method development with a focus on branding, destination image and psychology. I have been writing scientific articles and teaching at various international universities for years. I am attracted by research on social developments and the bridge between academia and practice. I am driven to work with exciting people from different backgrounds and corners of the world to come to new, relevant insights.
What drives me?
I believe that good strategy must be built on real knowledge. It drives me to always create new approaches, try new methods and find approaches to get real insights from them. At K'UP, I've been leading a team since 2021 that explicitly cares about these new approaches and insights. We develop new methods for research, enable more efficient and better strategy work, and connect ourselves, our partners, clients and bright minds.
My driver in this is my family, my son and music. I've been playing in different bands for years and love to discover new things.
What is my strategy?
Re-thinking, critically weighing, finding the best insight.
- Partner researcher, K'UP
- Lecturer and guest speaker at international universities
- Author and ad-hoc reviewer for top international journals
- Analyst, Zenith International Ltd, Great Britain
- PhD Management, University of Vienna
- Diploma in Business Administration, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
News and Publications
- Herz, M., & Krezdorn, N. (2020). The More You Know–High versus Low Experience Effects on Project Management Decisions. In Forum Markenforschung 2018 (pp. 107-122). Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden.
- Micevski, M.; Halkias, G.; Herz, M. (2019). Multiple consumer identities and the crossover effect of the EU identity in predicting domestic and foreign product preferences. Journal of Business Research
- Herz, M. & Rauschnabel, P. (2019). Understanding the Diffusion of Virtual Reality Glasses: The Role of Media, Fashion and Technology. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 138, 228-242.
- Herz, M., Arnegger, J., & Mayer, M. (2018). How Stable is Event-Related Country-Image Change?. In Forum Markenforschung 2016 (pp. 141-157). Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- Herz, M., & Arnegger, J. (2017). Country Image Formation, Stability and Change – A Longitudinal Assessment of the Image of Azerbaijan. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.
- Herz, M., & Diamantopoulos, A. (2017). I Use it but Will Tell You that I Don’t: Consumers’ Country-of-Origin Cue Usage Denial. Journal of International Marketing.
- Diamantopoulos, A., Herz, M., & Koschate, N. (2017). The EU as Superordinate Brand Origin: An Entitativity Perspective. International Marketing Review.
When are you coming over?
Strategy Studios in Berlin and Stuttgart.
Arrive, exchange, have fun.
It’s on us!